Our health is the most critical factor of our overall well-being. Did you know that our body is full of trillions of bacteria, viruses and fungi which are known as microbiome or microorganisms?
They exist mainly inside our intestines. These micro-organisms living within the intestinal track of our large intestines are called ‘gut-microbiome’. Our gut microbiome consists of over, 1000 species of bacteria, some of them extremely important for health, while others associated with disease.
Our gut microbiome plays a critical role in our overall health, and any of us will not be alive if not for our gut microbiome. In fact, it can even be said that our gut microbiome helped evolve us into the life forms we are today!
As we grow older, our gut microbiome also diversifies, helping control digestion and strengthening our immune system. An imbalance in our gut microbiome can cause multiple avoidable diseases like high blood sugar, weight gain, high cholesterol and other disorders.
Kiwifruit is well-known for its ability to improve digestive health, in particular promoting healthy bowel movements, with several clinical trials proving its efficacy.
Gold Kiwifruit, also known as Actinidia Chinensis, offers further unique advantages for our gut microbiome. Gold kiwifruit has high nutritional value and is an excellent source of Vitamin C, minerals, amino acids, good soluble dietary fiber and other minerals. It contains more Vitamin C and is less acidic when compared to green kiwifruit.
Gold kiwi fruit powder is often combined with other health ingredients to create innovative bowel health supplements. Gold kiwifruit powder helps flourish and recover a very specific beneficial bacteria in our gut microbiome known as Faecalibacterium prausnitzii or F.prau.
Gold kiwifruit powder can help double the population of F.praubacteria in our gut microbiome, which helps increase the amount of butyrate in our body.
Butyrate is an important short-chain fatty acid produced by your gut bacteria that provides our body with multiple health benefits and disease prevention abilities. Butyrate is only made by our gut microbiome, and having more F.prau bacteria in our gut microbiome is the most natural and effective way to increase the amount of Butyrate in our body.
The full intestinal benefits of Butyrate include:
1. Is the preferred energy source for the colon epithelial cells
2. Decreases the pH of the colon, which decreases bile salt solubility, increases mineral absorption, decreases ammonia absorption, and inhibits growth of pathogens
3. Stimulates proliferation of normal colon epithelial cells
4. Prevents proliferation and induces apoptosis of colorectal cancer cells
5. Affects gene expression of colon epithelial cells
6. Plays a protective role against colon cancer and colitis
7. Improves the gut barrier function by stimulation of the formation of mucin, anti-microbial peptides, and tight-junction proteins
8. Interacts with the immune system
9. Has anti-inflammatory effects
10. Stimulates the absorption of water and sodium
11. Reduces oxidative stress in the colon
And the extra-Intestinal effects of Butyrate include:
1. Enhances cardiovascular and metabolic function
2. Enhances cognitive function
3. Has anti-inflammatory effects
4. Reduces oxidative stress
5. Enhances energy expenditure
6. Linked to many benefits of ketogenic diet
7. Enhances mitochondrial biogenesis
So it’s safe to conclude, Butyrate is critical to our overall health, and with it the F.prau bacteria. So be sure to add health supplements with gold kiwifruit powder as an ingredient to our daily routine, and develop the most beneficial gut microbiome you can!