Adrian and Abie have been talking about and working on a Group Directory
Here are some notes:
Why would I look at the group directory?¶
- I want to find a specific group
- Maybe I don’t remember the name exactly
- I want to join a group but i dont know which one
- Is the group open to membership requests.
- What is the group
- What issue
- I want to learn about the existence of a group of some sort
- Geographic View/Search: I want to find a group near me
- Issue based View/Search: I want to locate group working on an issue that I’m interested in
- I want to find a group near me thats working on a similar issue to mine.
- I want to find groups that are willing to work in a confederated network :)
- I want to see statistics on how groups are doing
- when was there last activity in the group
- what are the most active public groups generally and by location
- Are things going really well with a group? – how is this measured?
- Are things going really badly? – how is this measured?
- I want to see if crabgrass is doing well, or if “the movement” is doing well (on crabgrass)
- New public pages could be interesting for answering many of these questions