- Some parts are stored in incomplete form. Takes 2 hrs to find functional set of cantilever brakes that fit your frame.
- People can’t figure out which sub-types of different parts go on their bikes (ie., sidepull brakes – but which ones?)
- Organization system of parts is not clear. Many staffers were unaware of existing organizational systems.
- No way of knowing if we have an excess or deficiency of given used parts.
- Tools leave or are broken and are not replaced in a timely fashion
- Staffers don’t know that we have some tools or parts, or where to find them.
- No good way to re-use post-bike parts, no place to store them.
- Top row of bike storage is scary & difficult for many people to access
- We accumulate frames & they don’t get re-used.
- We need various signs
- Be able to maintain sufficient but not excessive supply of commonly used parts
- Organizational system is clear to users.
- Efficiently replace tools when they break or are stolen.
- Better use space. Hanging space, vertical space. Need sturdy, tall ladder.
- Have FR programs start frames towards re-use, as too few get used right now
- Creative re-use & recycling of junk parts.