4 categories: Education, Civic Engagement, Environment, and Arts & Culture
separate applications for < > $2500 requests
area served must be Silicon Valley, CA or Austin, TX
Applied Materials Grant Guidelines¶
Applied Materials makes grants to selected organizations and programs whose goals are closely aligned with the Company’s values and interest.
We direct approximately 65% of grants to the area of Education, 25% to Civic Engagement and 10% to Arts & Culture. Applied targets up to 25% of all grants toward projects that contribute to environmental awareness and sustainability.
Grants are made for one year and may be renewed for up to two additional years based upon results. Applied Materials does not award grants for general operating expenses.
To be considered for funding, all grant proposals must meet the following guidelines:
- Generally, Applied Materials supports programs or projects that are based in, or directed toward, a city or region where Applied Materials has operations. For grant consideration outside of the U.S., please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the request and it will be forwarded appropriately.
- Grantees must be a school or a charitable organization that is classified as 501©(3) by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Requests for $2500 or more must be submitted through our online grant application tool.
- Requests for $2500 or less may be submitted through our simplified online grant application tool.
- Proposals will be reviewed to ensure they meet the specific criteria for the four grant making categories: Education, Civic Engagement, Environment, and Arts & Culture.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
Applied Materials will review grant requests semi-annually, with the deadlines of January 15 and June 15. Applications should be submitted through our online tool. Our focus areas and grant guidelines remain the same as does our ongoing commitment to make a positive social contribution in communities where our company does business.
Application Deadline | Notification Date
January 15 | March 15
June 15 | August 15
Review Process: When a proposal matches Applied Materials’ guidelines and specific criteria for grants, it is forwarded to the Contribution Committees for quarterly review and award decisions.
For more information please send an e-mail to:Community_Affairs@appliedmaterials.com.