- Applications accepted March 1 – May 31,
- arts, literacy, family violence
Target Community Giving¶
Target makes grants to:
- Organizations located in communities where we do business
- 501©(3) organizations, schools, libraries or public agencies
- Nonprofit programs that impact any of the following areas:
o Early Childhood Reading
o Family Violence Prevention
- Support projects or programs
Target does not make grants to:
- Programs located outside Target communities
- Educational institutions for regular instructional programs
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Treatment programs such as substance or alcohol abuse
- Athletic teams or events
- Fundraiser or gala events
- Advocacy or research groups
- Capital or building construction projects
- Endowment campaigns
Target store grants support nonprofit programs that impact the arts, early childhood reading and family violence prevention in the areas where we do business.
Reading is an essential element in a child’s educational process. Reading grants are awarded to schools, libraries and nonprofit organizations, supporting programs such as weekend book clubs and after-school reading programs that foster a love of reading and encourage children, from birth through age 9, to read together with their families.
Target funds arts programs that bring the arts to schools or make it affordable for youth and families to participate in cultural experiences, such as school touring programs, field trips to the theater or symphony, or artists residencies and workshops in schools. Programs that make the arts accessible to school children are of particular interest to us.
These grants support programs that help prevent family violence, such as parenting classes and family counseling. We also provide assistance for support groups and abuse shelters.
The 2008 grant application deadline has passed. Please visit again between March 1 and May 31, 2009 to apply for a grant. If you have applied for a grant, you will be notified of our decision by September 30, 2008. Most grants average between $1,000 and $3,000.