Deadline Feb 6, 2010
WELCH’S HARVEST GRANTS¶
OFFICIAL WELCH’S HARVEST GRANTS RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Sponsor. Welch’s Harvest Grants (“Contest”) is sponsored by Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
- Eligibility. Eligible schools/organizations are public and private schools and accredited home school associations (K-8), public libraries, religious educational centers and Head Start centers having any of the grades K through 8 and a minimum of 15 students in the classroom located in the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“Eligible Institutions”). Entries must be received from “School Officials” in order to be valid. “School Officials” may be any of the following: U.S. residents who are at least 18 years of age and employees or volunteers on behalf of any Eligible Institution, including teachers, administrators, assistants and teacher’s aides, as well as any parent or guardian of any student who is designated by the school to be a “School Official” for purposes of this of Contest.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and independent contractors of the Sponsor, (includingScholastic Inc., Welch’s, and the National Gardening Association) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, together with the immediate family members and members of the same households (whether related or not) of each of the foregoing are not eligible to participate. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, including but not limited to those jurisdictions with laws that would require registration and/or trust account or posting of a bond, or any other requirements.
- Agreement to Rules. By submitting an entry, Contest entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. Entrants further agree that the Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these rules, and to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor.
- Entry. The Contest begins on October 26, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on February 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm PDT (the “ContestPeriod”). To participate, each entry must be accompanied by Official Welch’s Harvest Grants Application. Entries are only valid if they are sent in by a School Official (as defined above).
- Grant Application: A Contest grant application, is available from scholastic.com/harvest; garden.org; or kidsgardening.org; and must accompany each. Include the first name, last name of the entering School Official, school name, school address (including zip code), email address, daytime telephone number (including area code), and affiliation to school or organization (teacher, administrator, volunteer, designated parent, etc.), type of organization; number of students and student demographics; and essays on why the entrant’s classroom should receive a grant. All entries must be postmarked by 11:59 p.m. PDT on February 6, 2010 to: National Gardening Association, Attn: Welch’s Harvest Grants; 1100 Dorset Street; South Burlington, VT 05403.
Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. Entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Accuracy of Information Contained in Entry. By submitting an entry, each Contest entrant warrants and represents to the Sponsor that the information contained in the entry is true and correct in all material respects and that the Sponsor may rely on such information in its efforts to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Selection of Winners and Notification. A total of one hundred (100) winners will receive a school garden award. Two (2) schools from each state will be selected from all qualified applications on or about March 8, 2010, by the Sponsor and the National Gardening Association, whose decision will be final and binding. Winners will be notified by email within approximately five (5) business days after selection. If selected winners have not responded to email inquiries within 3 days, we will attempt to contact winners by telephone. If winners cannot be reached by telephone within 48 hours of first phone attempt to notify such winners, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at the Sponsor’s discretion. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- Prize. The Sponsor will award a total of one hundred (100) school gardens. Five (5) $1,000 garden packages; twenty-five (25) $500 garden packages; and seventy (70) $250 garden packages will be awarded. Two schools in every state will be awarded school gardens if their application is selected as a winner. Winning applicants will have the option of receiving an indoor or outdoor garden package.