Meeting of Northern Indymedia at (Change of Location) The Fenton 12.00 noon on Sunday 25th April 2010¶
We have been warned that the police have alleged, in private correspondence to the student’s union, that the EDL may try to disrupt the meeting. If you feel worried about this then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org – this is a private email address which only goes to three trusted Northern members.
- Appoint minute-taker and facilitator
- Welcome new people, introductions, what do YOU want to get out of this meeting?
- Finalise agenda in view of above
- Agree break time and end time
- Any corrections to last minutes
- Matters arising from previous minutes
- Correspondence received
- Coverage and features coming up soon
- Report back from Hacktionlab
- Report back from UK Indymedia Network Meeting
- Mediation issues from UK meeting
- add more here…
Any Other Business¶
- Editorial Guidelines (additions, violence e.t.c.)
- Video skillshares at Oblong
- Should we be working on the things we collectively agreed we’d do before starting on new things?
- Can we have bureaucratic meetings less often, and meet to work together as a collective more often?
- As a start on this, can we schedule a day together to iron out some niggles with the website, including:
- Help text!
- Other texts (mission, editorial)
- Minor oddities in publish forms (“description”=>"body" etc.)
- Broken “more→” link in other_media column
- Spurious “<>” in article summaries
- Support for non-latin character sets
- New banner
- Volunteers to take over as our liaison on imc-uk-contact and imc-uk-legal mailing lists
- Volunteers to act as liaison on global lists
- How to reduce the number of email to the main list
- Time & Date