Some of us have discussed making this meeting a bit special because it’s 6 months (OK, 7 months 1 week and 1 day, that’s 218 synodic days or 216 siderial days) from the launch of our website, at Unity Day, Hyde Park, Leeds on Saturday 1st August 2009.
The usual stuff¶
- Volunteers for facilitator & minute-taker/s
- Welcome new people / introductions / apologies
Suggestion: all action points get put to one side, so we can come back to them in the choosing priorities section¶
- Matters arising from minutes of last meeting
- Report of what’s been going on in the imc-uk private lists
- Summary of correspondence to imc-northern-contact
- Contribution/s for next Yorkshire Evening Pest
- Review of who should be on imc-northern-contact
- Review of who should be in crabgrass “active collective members” group
- Plans for outreach events
- Meeting in Newcastle
- Manchester / Salford
- Planned coverage
- Bradford Mayday happenings
- Derwent open-cast documentary
- Review of recent news stories
- New-Imc process
- WTF! and summary for people not on the relevant lists
- What would Mr. T do? etc.
The special stuff¶
- Make a list of our achievements in the last 6 months
- We have published 545 things!
- We have held x open meetings in 3 different towns!
- We have formed a solid but flexible, happy collective!
- We have contributed to the development of the hyperactive CMS!
- We have supported and helped lots of campaigns!
- We have done outreach events in a mainstream festival, a community festival, a city centre street and climate camp!
- We have coordinated and provided coverage for at least two major news stories!
- We have hosted (with 1in12) a Hacktionlab meeting
- What could we have done better?
- Not taking the troll-bait?
- Assigning a facilitator for the next meeting each time, to make sure it gets promoted and happens?
What do we want to do next months?¶
- Need to be realistic and choose our priorities
- Need 2 lists
- action points that named people will do before the next meeting
- strategic plans for the next 6-12 months
- Recruiting translators
- Need a volunteer to promote & draft minutes for next meeting