Being a therapist, Jay Austin Brandenburg-Nau grew up listening to mental health therapist radio talk shows. He pursued his master’s degree from Denver Seminar in 2010 and currently works as a youth pastor.
Here, Jay Austin Brandenburg-Nau shares the life-changing benefits of psychotherapy; but before that one should know the term psychotherapy. It is also known as talk therapy and is a way to help people with a broad variety of mental illnesses and emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy can also help in eliminating or controlling trouble symptoms such that a person can function better and can maintain a healthy well-being.
One can obtain the important benefits from psychotherapy which are listed below
• Have a safe and private place to talk about sensitive personal issues and better understand symptoms and diagnosis.
• It helps in decreasing or eliminating depression and anxiety.
• It helps to reduce and manage negative or destructive thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
• With the help of psychotherapy treatments one can stop using drugs, tobacco, and alcohol” says Jay Austin Brandenburg-Nau.
• One can gain effective coping skills to manage difficult situations as well as can become a more confident person.
• This therapy also helps in reducing impulse actions of self-harm or aggression. In other words, one can learn to love and care for
• It improves sleep, nutrition, and physical activity patterns as well as establishes new healthy behaviors and habits.
• Psychotherapy provides more satisfying and healthy relationships with others at home, school or work.
• It helps in transforming the individual’s personality; one can learn to be more mindful, less stressed and more relaxed.
According to Jay Austin Brandenburg-Nau, "many conditions will require other forms of treatment in addition to psychotherapy, such as medications, lifestyle management or behavior change programs. But psychotherapy is certainly a powerful and effective tool to help you on the path to becoming happier and have a fulfilling life.