- 1 Background
- 2 Technical Specifications
- 3 Hardware Tweaks
- 4 Hardware Hints
- 5 System administration
- 6 Mainboard photo
The Kosmos server hosts Mir production servers for several IMCs as well as the website of the Mir developer team.
The main contact for kosmos is its system administration mailing list. There is also an IRC channel #kosmos at irc.indymedia.org.
- MoBo: Asus A7A266 Manual (PDF) Downloads FAQ 3rd party review
- CPU: AMD Duron (model 6.3.0) 757 MHz, 64 kb cache
- Memory: 1 GB + 128 MB
- Harddisk: 2x Maxtor 6Y080P0 (80 GB), 1x Maxtor 6Y120P0 (120 GB); softraided; controlled by ALI15x3_IDE
- Booting: It should be noted that this system appears to be unable to boot off the MBR. Instead, it requires the bootcode to be found within the first partition on the first BIOS drive. In terms of grub, this means you want to install grub to /dev/sda1, not /dev/sda, so ‘(hd0,1)’, not ‘(hd0)’.
This image is of an A7A266 v1.0.1 mainbord. The mainboard of kosmos may be of a different version and thus look differently.