Interconnected Refugee & Migrant Movements –
Protest March against Fortress Europe!
From Strasbourg to Brussels, May and June 2014
The European council and the European ministers of foreign affairs make racist and prohibitive policies against refugees and migrants on a very high level. In reaction to the recent admitted mass drowning in the
Mediterranean, they only concluded to arm the forces that control and aggressively prevent people’s movement, such as frontex. They will hold their next summit at the 26th and 27th of June in Brussels.
Different groups of refugee and Migrant movements in Europe plan a protest march from Strasbourg to Brussels. This will begin shortly before the European parliament elections at the end of May. The marching refugee and supporting activists will walk about 450 km within one month. In an action week before the council’s summit, we will raise our protest against the policies of fortress Europe!
A group of people active in and supportive of the Refugee Movement from Oranienplatz have started to mobilize for the march and prepare the action. We would be happy about many different kinds of support:
- share contacts with us:
- to (international) refugee movements, help to make huge network possible
- to people living in lager in Germany, for info events
- to people/groups who could helporganize sleeping places along the route
- we also need more contacts to trustworthy journalists and your support
in raising media attention, accompany the protests with own media
- legal support/anti-repression/anti-trauma
- organize decentralised actions, let’s have global action times!
- contribute to the local actions
- think about actions especially to support the massive border crossing
(France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium)
- organize transport for refugees in your region to take part in the
march/action week/single actions
- lend materials: busses/car trailers, big tents, kitchen equipment, sound
systems, generator, media equipment, tools…
- medical support & child care
- produce mobilization material (movie, web propaganda, stickers, banners,
- spread flyers, posters, call; link our blogs
(freedomnotfrontex.noblogs.org and asylstrikeberlin.wordpress.com)
- we need a huge amount of money to finance 6 weeks of food for some
hundred people! we also need money for tickets/public transport, gasoline,
transport cars, renting/buying material, mobilization, anti-repression:
please support us by donating, applying at foundations, organising soli
- take part in the Protest March! Starting around the 20th of May in
- take part in the Action Week in Brussels 20th June – 27th June
For any questions or ideas, proposals or information you can reach us via email: freedomnotfrontex[at]riseup[.]net or meet us almost every Sunday at 3 pm at Cafe Kotti in Berlin/Kreuzberg, just ask at the counter for us.
Thanks a lot and see you on the street!!!