Since then independant structures of dissent! came into being in different countries – some for a specific purpose and for a limited time like the G8 summit in Heiligendamm, some longer-dated and less specific. Dissent! networks have neither a central office, nor spokespersons, nor lists of members nor payed officials. They are an instrument of communication and coordination between local groups and working groups within the radical left and anarchist resistance. Dissent! networks are open for everybody willing to cooperate on the basis of the PGA – peoples global action – hallmarks.
friends of dissent!¶
We are groups and individuals of the sphere of existing or former dissent! associations of several european countries. We have met in order to bring together friendships and temporary networks which have developed during the last years; to find a common structure; to share thoughts, tips, experiences; to develop perspectives and together become capable of acting. This is not about a „re-foundation“ of dissent! but an attempt to create a space or a form to come into a continuous process of discussion which is not determined by extraneous rhythms of summit schedules. For this purpose we want to start a series of events and discussions with the draft title „militant reflection“. We don´t have in mind a high-flown theoretical debate but an examination with a practical attitude where a fresh approach for future resistance and international networking can be gained and further developed out of good and bad experiences.
1. A very clear rejection of capitalism, imperialism and feudalism; all trade agreements, institutions and governments that promote destructive globalisation.
2. We reject all forms and systems of domination and discrimination including, but not limited to, patriarchy, racism and religious fundamentalism of all creeds. We embrace the full dignity of all human beings.
3. A confrontational attitude, since we do not think that lobbying can have a major impact in such biased and undemocratic organisations, in which transnational capital is the only real policy-maker;
4. A call to direct action and civil disobedience, support for social movements’ struggles, advocating forms of resistance which maximize respect for life and oppressed peoples’ rights, as well as the construction of local alternatives to global capitalism.
5. An organisational philosophy based on decentralisation and autonomy.
friends of dissent!