publications on open hardware¶
- Open source hardware, what is it? Here’s a start...
- Writings on Open Source Hardware
- Open Hardware 3 Years On September 27th, 2008
- Open source hardware on WP
- open source hardware overview slides
- Open Hardware Journal – first issue 1/11/2011 (PDF)
- Open Source Hardware: Birth Of A Long Tail Market?
- Build It. Share It. Profit. Can Open Source Hardware Work?, Clive Thompson Email 10.20.08
- The Emerging Economic Paradigm of Open Source] “Open Source can be explained entirely within the context of conventional open-market economics. Indeed, it turns out that it has much stronger ties to the phenomenon of capitalism than you may have appreciated.”, Bruce Perens , Senior Research Scientist, Open Source, Cyber Security Policy Research Institute, George Washington University, 2005
- Innovation Goes Public! (transcript), Bruce Perens sharing the stage with Richard Stallman.
- element14 drives open source collaboration through demos and more as a proud sponsor of Open Hardware Summit 2011 "element14, the first community and electronics store for design engineers and electronics enthusiasts, today announced it is an official sponsor of the Open Hardware Summit on Sept. 15 at The New York Hall of Science in Queens, helping unite individuals and companies playing an integral role in defining and leading the Open Source Movement. "
- SparkFun Engineer to Speak at 2012 Open Hardware Summit, “My talk is an attempt to dispel some of the more rampant myths and misconceptions surrounding the legalities of OSHW in the United States with respect to FCC authorization to sell,” Hord said.
- Open architecture “Whether you are a small shop operating one or two CNC machines programmed on the floor, or a larger facility with many machines programmed off-line at CAD/CAM workstations, open architecture controls will affect you. The questions you should be asking are when, how much, and what should you do to prepare for them.”
- paper.li: newspapers for ’open hardware’ (5)
lecures & talks¶
- 2012/02/01 Bruce Perens On OSHW at Linux Conference Australia, Ballarat
Call for Papers¶
For the open hardware journal on openhardware.org.
Email finished papers or correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers must be on the topic of Open Hardware. The licensing of the Open Hardware must be compliant with the Open Hardware Definition 1.1 (as it existed on August 2011). Design files must be available, please provide the links in your article.
We’d be delighted if you’d use LibreOffice and its OpenDocument file formats to write your article, as that’s what we’re using. You can also use LibreOffice to convert your article from Microsoft Word, etc. If it’s too much trouble to use LibreOffice, please use whatever you wish and we’ll convert the file. We strongly prefer an editable file format to PDFs.
Articles will remain your property or that of your institution, as you decide among yourselves, and you will retain all rights of a copyright holder, including the right to reprint as you like with no fee to us.
If you don’t understand how to license your article, we’ll do it for you. All articles must be licensed as specified below.
- The Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States (CC BY 3.0) at