Center Column A better blog
- read more link
- remove ability to add bgcolor to comments – currently people are adding pink bg.
- Need RSS feed out
- (standardize photo layout:can be done by hand to start)
- Add NYCGA and Chat under a get involved section
- rich media: video, slideshows for tumblr, flickr ( www.flickr.com/photos/occupywallstreet/... what sort of carosoul options do we have. might be cool to have photo and video carosolus that pull from vimeo channels, youtube, flickr, etc)
- Top rated forum posts this week.
- Move These to about us
- General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help & Directions: +1 (877) 881-3020
- Watch: The world we’re building
- Read: This call to action
Top Level Navigation Minimize
- Add media link and have video, photo, and live stream links in drop down.
- remove user map
- remove chat, have link on right column front page
- better layout
- quick changes to forum for better sorting, right now its chronological. what are these?
Lets move forward on small incremental changes. Lets all keep an eye out for websites we like that we would want to mimic. Thats often the easiest way forward.
please add to this with specific ideas, as soon as we have a mockup i will issues in a tracker (redmine,or maybe github), break out the dev tasks and solicit help. i have 2 confirmed django folks ready to rock, and have contacts with the co-creater of the framework.
We need a press bar similar to the media bar with options for inputting a request for a press release and requests to be added to our press list
who would be able to input a request for a press release? that seems like an internal need, no?
Question for django devs:
do we want to offload forums?
hmm, yikes for one of the forum categories
re: rich media carousels s
We have used both of these carousels w/in Django:
Nothing django specific about them, but easy to integrate w/ django templates. You can see these in action here:
I am pretty sure they are friendly to images from across the web. Let me know if you see anything you like, and I can easily share this code.
Daniel and I talked about the following changes tonight possible:
- Fixed width (allow to size down)
- Linking to allies in tiny ticker bar on top (like what reddit does at top of page)
- Moving contact info to footer rather than side bar
- A “Get Involved” section
adding press tab
Re: “get involved” section -
Not sure if you ran across this project downtown, but #ows has an hr dept now:
Not sure if this website is appropriate to plug this from occupywallst.org, but at least some of questions might be appropriate visionaries.co/contribute
About the newsletter. The idea is to send mails every week/month/when ? Or when an article is posted?
not sure gaba, not when an article is posted. our content team is a little weak right now, need to organize it.