Question #1: What is the goal(s) of your conference?
Question #2: How are you going to reach that goal?
For example, goals of your conference might include:
• Education: Experts educate those who know less
• Skill-Share: People who are coming educate and share information with each
• Networking: New social connections for future joint projects
• Strategize: Generate solutions to dilemmas held by multiple attendees
• Scenario Planning: Envisioning possible futures and how to respond
• Communication: Craft common language and terminology
• Outreach: Spread important ideas to new listeners
• Cross-pollination: People involved in one part of a movement find out what is
• Human Connection: Develop lasting relationships
• Commitment: Create will for action
PARTICIPATORY FORMATS TO SUPPLEMENT OR REPLACE ONE-WAY
-OPEN SPACE (or *Camp)