- How to power the PC on?
- Naming the different parts: keyboard, mouse, monitor, base unit, …
- Getting used to how the mouse works: movement, click, double click, drag & drop
- The keyboard: normal keys, number keys, function keys, modifier keys (strg, alt, shift), tab, cursor keys, …
- Typing exercises, copy & paste
- Windows: swapping, dragging, resizing, closing
2. Basic Internet Usage¶
- How to use a browser
- Create an email account (if you don’t have one already)
- Spam, Viruses, Mailinglists
- Searching on the Internet (Google and more)
- Looking inside a PC
- What are the functions of the different parts?
- How can I upgrade my PC?
4. Working with the Computer¶
- What is Software?
- What is a Operating Systems?
- Common similarities between progams
- Differences: file formats
- Bits & Bytes
- folders, subfolders
- copying, moving, deleting, trashing files
- in the internet cafe via samba share from PC6
5. Text Editing Software¶
- Word and OpenOffice
- How to format text
6. Website Editing¶
- Writing HTML documents (with editor and browser)
- Photoshop and Gimp
- How to manipulate photos and other pictures
8. Advanced Internet¶
- How our Internet cafe is connected to the Internet
- What happens when I load a webpage?
- Servers, Hubs, Switches, Routers, Proxies, …
- DNS and IP addresses