Being able to graciously and awarely accept appreciation may be a piece of the puzzle. See also the perhaps-related virtue “appreciation (e.g. of beauty)” akin to awe/wonder/etc.
a.k.a. acknowledgment, regard
- appreciation of beauty (awe/wonder)
- honoring others
- respect for others
- being spoiled
Virtues possibly in tension¶
How to acquire or strengthen it¶
- Learn to Appreciate Others Genuinely
- Six ways to better appreciate others
- "Learning To Appreciate Others: an Exercise in Observation and Interpretation of Behavior" (Renate R. Mai-Dalton) . I wasn’t able to find an unpaywalled version, but it looked like it might be helpful.
Notes and links¶
- I asked on FB: “what makes you feel appreciated?” www.facebook.com/Moorlock/posts/1015655...