- being a person with a “low price”
Virtues possibly in tension¶
How to acquire or strengthen it¶
Notes and links¶
- One of “The Seven Virtues of Bushido” according to Nitobe Inazo.
- “The one who is conscious of his soul’s nobility will not endure a dishonorable life.” ―Sophocles
- “The man of honour thinks of his character, the inferior man of his position. The man of honour desires justice, the inferior man favour.” (Analects of Confucius, IV.XI)
- “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self respect springs.” — Joan Didion