Pasting from a discussion about using cg:
for me crucial points are good connectivity to my emailbox. I just got link: “Hello, Judith has sent you a web page. You may access this page here: https://we.riseup.net/code/...." that is way to uncomfortable for me to handle any significant communication
This form of notifications was created on purpose to respect privacy. We do not trust unencrypted email as a form of communication for a number of reasons:
- communication channels are not guarenteed to be encrypted
- providers parse and evaluate email
- providers offer access to state authorities etc.
Basically email is not a trustful medium. We try to provide privacy for your discussions and notifications are a part of that.
That said there are plenty of ways the current situation could be improved. Privacy is less a concern if:
- the page in question is marked as public
- the user that sends the notifacation confirms the content can be send in clear.
- we can provide encrypted email
Just to name a few ideas. I will check if 1 already works with this page.
Information we might want to include¶
- type of page
- group context
- text excerpt
- full text for small wiki pages
- last message for discussions?
- question for votes
- undone todo items to the user for todo lists