The plan is to reference these and other resources and give a brief outline of what this slaughter appers to be about in terms of current events and the history of the conflict:
- Gaza Catastrophe: Resource Conflict? Natural Gas, Palestinian Elections, and Israel’s Subversion of the ’Peace Process’
- Ilan Pappé: The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine and Israel’s righteous fury and its victims in Gaza
- Is this the start of a wider Middle East war? Unusually Large Weapons Shipment to Israel: Plan for a broader Middle East war? and Blue Star Rampage: Israel’s dress rehearsal for Lebanon
statements, pressure for war crimes tribunals, e.g. ICTI = International Criminal Tribunal for Israel, legal procedures commenced¶
- There are certain targets in Gaza that Israel must not shell, said Palestinian professor of international law Hana Issa on Sunday.
- Demands grow for Gaza war crimes investigation (quite strongly worded)
- ICTI: Nobel peace prize winner Mairead Maguire
- Who will save Israel from itself? Mark Levine
- Iran asks the UN Secretary General to send a fact-finding committee to Gaza Strip for probes regarding breach of 1925 protocol of Geneva Convention by Israel.
- see the end of this article on ICTI
- 2009-01-14: president of United Nations General Assembly says that Gaza massacre is genocide
- 2009-01-14: Israel may face UN court ruling on legality of Gaza conflict
- 2009-01-14, PNN: Suit filed in the Hague for crimes against humanity
- 2009-01-14: Reuters: Hague court must investigate Gaza war crimes-group
- 2009-01-15, IMEMC: 90 organizations, mainly French, to prosecute Israel for War Crimes author
- 2009-01-15 Flashpoints: ISM Observers document potential war-crimes in Rafa, Khan Younis, and Gaza City
hi, we should probably start compiling something about net wars. Here’s something from the BBC: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7827293.stm.
Jan 15: LA Indymedia went down on because of a hack attack.
Wasn’t Israel IMC attacked as well?