- Partition your USB so you have one partition FAT16. Make sure it’s bootable.
mkdosfs /dev/sdx1or equivalent command.
syslinux -i /dev/sdx1.
- Go into the syslinux directory and locate the
mbr.binfile. For me it was
- Issue this:
dd conv=notrunc bs=440 count=1 if=mbr.bin of=/dev/sdx.
- Now download the ISO you want to use. I used
- Mount the USB and copy all the files from the ISO to it.
- Go to the directory where you mounted the USB and create a file called
- Fill the file with the following lines:
SAY Now booting the kernel from SYSLINUX...
APPEND ro root=/dev/sda1 initrd=isolinux/initrd.img
- These lines might vary if you use another ISO. But just locate the
initrd.imgand use those paths.
- Unmount the USB and boot with it!
- Remember to mount the USB somewhere during the install and enter the path to that directory in one of the steps. I used