back to agenda and minutes overview
- Laura wants to do interviews for a documentary about Indymedia – she emailed saying she’ll come on the 5th.
(that doesn’t seem like it’s happening tonight, then? – gdm)
(well, we might want to talk about whether people are generally interested. If noone is, she doesn’t need to bother. So how about giving an interview gdm?)
- Proposal to adopt Bristol’s respect guideline:
Respect: Bristol indymedia is intended to represent the world we are striving to create, rather than the world we live in. A cornerstone of this principle is respect for others, therefore articles or comments that are abusive rather than relying on force of argument are not acceptable.
(i like that – gdm)
- feedback from network meeting
- create UK banner saying “United Kollektives” instead of “UK” and send to aggregator people
- read and agree minutes
- anarchist bookfair
- discuss proposed space offered to us by london anarchist bookfair collective for video/audio interviews etc.
- what’s next? prioritise some of the stuff we want to happen
- facebook warning prominence
- html templates for usability improvement
- local syndication (of good sites + blogs) – in hyperactive or on the UK aggregator?
- maps (broader context – need a server?)
- invest in infrastructure:
- new server proposal – money to go…. (yossarian will explain more)
- standing set up for mobile imc – could ask northern england for advice
- some laptops (what do we have?)
- bike generator?!
- briefcase solar panels
- or maybe we should get some wrist keyboards for improved reporting from the streets
- workshop day?
- get more people to write features
- ‘helpdesk’ for people who have problems with the site, help them to use it and figure out what the problems are and solve them
- stickers and flyers
(i need a new one – gdm)
- upcoming events
- This Friday: Ian Tomlinson protest
- EDL Bradford
- CC Scotland
- NoBorders Brussels
(none of these are london… are there things happening locally we should be at? i’m sure there are…)