System for collaborative editing using Cinelerra Server
The online platform does 3 things:
- Provides a repository and annotated archive of raw materials gathered by project participants.
- Allows project participants to share and annotate edited versions that use that material.
- Enables collaborators to download packages of files that will allow them to immediately edit other peoples edited “versions” on their own local machine using cinelerra, and subsequently upload their own revision with a log message.
online platform for collective video production. (See Interkomm in action at Mezzodistrutto)
- webdav upload
- preview of videos in online player
- download in full quality
- wiki for meta data
- general wiki
open source video platform.
- Create and Ingest Content – serve and promote user generated content: allow your users to import content or upload original video content
- Bulk upload your media library, and benefit from membership to the Kaltura Network of content
- Encode content in multiple resolutions, including HD
- Record directly from Webcam, and upload directly from DV cameras and Flip Cameras
- Publish Videos & Playlists – design players with your own look and feel; serve premium content of any length and quality, including HD.
- Create custom playlists.
- Engage Users with Remixing and Annotation Capabilities – allow users to get involved and interact with content using our video editors, annotations, subtitles, and more.
- Syndicate and Distribute Your Content Across the Web – grow your audience and benefit from enhanced SEO with our advanced syndication tools.
- Manage content – manage, administer and analyze all video content on your site, including moderation, bulk upload, content management, permissioning and more
- Analyze and report – get detailed statistics and analytics of your online video offering
- Customize – create playlists, design players and determine their functionalities in the Application Studio
Drupal with Kaltura¶
(See Drupal with Kaltura in action at Opensourcecinema)
- More flexibility
Plumi pulls together the following features on top of the out-of-the-box Plone functionality:
- Video uploading in any format (over http)
- Server-side flash transcoding and embedded playback using IndyTube
- (Vodcasting): Expanded Plone standard syndication feeds. RSS1 plus RSS2 feeds with media enclosures created automatically from taxonomy items – e.g country, genre, member, topic, or through creating custom smart folders
- WYSIWYG editor
- Extendable workflow, roles and permissions system
- Live search and RSS feeds from search results
- Customised Workspaces for hosting files and other works, which can be made private or shared only with particular site members
- Embedded Playback of Quicktime, Flash video, Real and Windows Media within the browser using vPIP
- Custom templates for publishing and browsing videos
- Custom profile page for site members with personal latest videos vodcast feed
- Open Content Licensing including Creative Commons and GNU Free Documentation License and the ability to add your own custom licenses.
Future features will include:¶
- Automatic creation and seeding of BitTorrent files upon video upload
- Large video file delivery
- Mobile phone uploads and downloads
- Custom calendar
- Donations system for contributors and online purchasing
- Integration with gnutella and other p2p networks
- Collaborative film production tools
Transmission is a network of citizen journalists, video makers, artists, researchers, programmers and web producers who are developing online video distribution tools for social justice and media democracy.
ongoing process of devolping a new cms, see full re-desing documentation. This project is oriented toward distribtuion, geared towards aggregation though, so there’s a question how relevant this is.
The CMS matrix is interesting, and it might be a good way of comparing the existing option we have. This also includes information on the capability of creating subtitles on the different platforms.