The current IAC (“India Against Corruption”) is an organised synergy of India’s leading anti-corruption and transparency activists who met between 13.Oct.2006-15.Oct.2006 at New Delhi and decided to form a common platform to combat corruption collectively.
This pioneering anti-corruption people’s movement was thereafter convened by Er.Sarbajit Roy on 20.Feb.2007 when he visited a “tout shop” (@ "Arvind-ki-dukaan’) erected by Arvind Kejriwal outside the Headquarters of the Central Information Commission at New Delhi.
The name “India Against Corruption” was adopted on 26.Feb.2007 outside the CIC office in presence of many activists after IAC’s convenor proposed it as a tribute to Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narayan’s movement which had used the name. Roy assured that he would get the permission to use the IAC name for a movement to monitor accounts of Common Wealth Games 2010 from its owners the “Hindustan Republican Army”.
From its humble beginnings, the IAC people’s movement (‘Jan Andolan’) is today one of the best known international anti-corruption movements.
Participants (in their personal capacity and in no particular order).
(NB: All positions are purely honorary in nature).
- Er. Sarbajit Roy (IAC’s National Convenor) @New Delhi
- Mr. Veeresh Malik (Co-Convenor) @New Delhi
- Er. C.J. Karira (Co-Convenor) @Secunderbad (AP)
- Mr. Manoj Pai (Gen. Secy) @Ahmedabad (Guj)
- Mr. Hitendra Parihar (Gen. Secy) @ Rajasthan
- Mr. Muzib-Ur Rehman (Gen. Secy) @ Chattisgarh
- Er. N.S. Venkatraman (Gen. Secy) @ Chennai (TN)
- Dr. Sandeep Gupta (Gen. Secy) @ Hisar (Haryana)
Online media coordinators
- Mr. Ajay Dixit (National Cyber-media Coordinator) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Ashish Kumar Kappoo (National Media Coordinator)(email@example.com)