Advice on Students’ Work Organization of Writing a Good Essay
Writing an essay is a challenge for many students. Teachers and professors give assignments for writing a lot of essay papers. Types of writing are different, and topics are variable.
Writing a good essay is the aim of professors’ assignments. This kind of work helps to train your skills in expressing your ideas. You develop your style of thinking in writing a good essay.
How can we write a good essay?
Writing a good essay consists of three stages: planning, drafting, and revising.
- The work on writing a good essay starts from a planning of the work. Think about the theme of your essay. What do you know about this problem? What is your attitude towards it? Search for some information that can support your ideas.
- Good essay writing should be well-organized. Make a list of main points that you want to develop in your essay. They should be directly relative to the topic. Write down basic statements that will prove your opinion. Write an outline for writing a good essay.
- When you know the main points of your essay, you can get down to drafting. The structure of good essay writing contains three sections: the introduction, body, and conclusions.
- The introduction aims to prepare audience for the topic discussion. A clear thesis statement is a pledge for writing a good essay. The body is an informative centre of essay writing. Writing a good essay presents several points proving the thesis. These points divide the body into distinct paragraphs. Use evidences to support your ideas. The conclusion restates the thesis and summarizes you essay.
- Revising is an important stage of writing a good essay. Read your complete essay, checking for logical development of information, and avoiding language mistakes.
TOPICS FOR ESSAY WRITING:
- Argumentative/Persuasive Essay Topics
- Classification Essay Topics
- Definition Essay Topics
- Evaluation Essay Topics
- Expository Essay Topics
- Narrative Essay Topics