- 1 Contacts to call
- 2 Current Building Project Materials Lists
- 3 Miscellaneous Salvage Items Needed
Contacts to call¶
|Habitat for Humanity||Jim, firstname.lastname@example.org||sehabitatrestore.org||Happy to help, send email of supplies needed|
|Bring recycling||Larry Levinsonemail@example.com||received a wish list 11 November|
|?||Jackie, firstname.lastname@example.org||Happy to help send email list of needed supplies|
|Boyce and sons lumber||Heather||541-942-4664||will be in Thursday Dec. 1|
|Lowes||Andy Kierkendall, manager||in early sat the 26th|
Can you help?¶
If you are reading this and want to help, please email email@example.com! We need volunteers as well as outreach folks to help get out the word. Also, if you happen to know someone that can provide any of the materials we require, we would be greatly appreciate it if you would contact them!
Potential spiel (please add more)¶
My name is _______ and I’m calling on behalf of Occupy Eugene. We are currently trying to acquire a specific list of items to build a community center at our occupation site location at Washington/Jefferson Park. A clean dry place for our information, hospitality, medical and peacekeeping booths is essential and our existing structures are inadequate. We have decided that more robust, non-permanent structures are needed to continue providing service to occupation volunteers (which includes many recently evicted or unhoused members of our community).
- December 15th is not a deadline. OE plans to make a habitable site until negotiations between the City and OE (including the unhoused) result in some plan detailing where and how the City plans to address the alarming number of unhoused in the city. A problem, the city has admitted, they have been completely unable to address—despite more than a decade of attempts.
- We need the materials ASAP because of the City of Eugene is attempting to use code violations to shut down our essential structures. We know that city officials are just doing their jobs which is why we’d like to respond by building better, safer, warmer and more secure structures.
- We do not consider the occupation site a homeless camp: while many economic refugees reside at our site, they do so both because of the safety it provides and, more importantly, the opportunity actively to participate in long-term solutions to the social ills that have resulted in homelessness. In other words, they are occupiers just like all of the rest of us.
Current Building Project Materials Lists¶
Community Center Building¶
The community center would have 6 bays, 10 × 10 and will house Info, Peacekeepers and Hospitality. It will also have a lock room and a warming room.
|Cement||12||peer pads with straps||1|
|Hardware||6||BC post caps 4 x 4 to 4 x 4||1|
|Hardware||16||2 × 6 joist hangers||1||.91/ea|
|Hardware||10 lbs.||2 in deck screws||1||$45|
|Hardware||5 lbs.||3 in deck screws||1||$25|
|Hardware||100||3/8 × 2″ galvanized screws||1||box of 25: $56|
|Hardware||50 ft.||Wire Cable||1||1/8": .31/lf; 1/4": .64/lf|
|Lumber||9||4 × 6 × 10 fir||1||$11.99/ea|
|Lumber||13||2 × 6 × 10 fir||1||$3.46 (2×8×10:$4.99/ea)|
|Lumber||22||2 × 4 × 14 fir||1||$3.35/ea|
|Lumber||4||4 × 4 × 12 pressure treated||1||$12.91/ea|
|Lumber||4||4 × 4 × 8 pressure treated||1||$6.58/ea|
|Lumber||32||2 × 4 × 14 fir||1||$3.35/ea|
|Lumber||1 unit||4ft 5/16th standard lathe||1||50 pc bundle: $7.75|
|Roofing||2 rolls||100 × 16 clear 6 mil. Visqueen||1||$92/ea|
|Insulation||16 sheets||Rigid Insulation (highest R-value available)||2||Possibly Salvaged|
|Roofing||6||10 × 10 heavy duty tarp||2|
|Roofing||60||6ft wiggle mold||3||only if very generous (a dream item)||2.97/ea|
|Roofing||30||Suntuf Corrugated Polycarbonate||3||only if very generous (a dream item)||31.99/ea|
Medical and Warming Area¶
This structure will be 24 × 32 ft. and contain the Medical booth, a locked area (both 10 × 10) and a warming area.
|Cement||12||peer pads with straps||1|
|Lumber||56||2 × 4 × 8 fir||1|
|Lumber||20||2 × 4 × 16 fir||1|
|Lumber||41||Sheets 7/16 OSB||1|
|Lumber||24||Sheets 3/4 in. OSB||1|
|Roofing||1 roll||100 × 20 opaque 6 mil. Plastic||1|
|Hardware||1 coil||Bailing wire||1|
|Misc||1||Chicken Wire (roll)||2||Salvaged||Yes!||Moon|
|Insulation||8 sheets||Rigid Insulation||3||Possibly Salvaged|
Design by Joe T.
Neighborhood Tent Structure¶
These structures could contain 4 to 5 tents with an area inside for cooking or whatever. They will have 18 × 18 with clear plastic roofs. If the materials were bought in bulk, we could save quite a bit of money.
|Conduit||26||10ft EMT 3/4 in.||1||$52 (or $38 for 1/2 in.)|
|Roofing||1 roll||100 × 20 black 6 mil. Plastic||1||$50|
|Roofing||1 roll||100 × 20 opaque 6 mil. Plastic||1||$50|
|Misc||1 roll||Bailing wire||1||$5|
|Misc||1 roll||Mason string||1||$5|
|Flooring||10||Sheets of 7/16 OSB||1||Optional w/Pallets|
Design by Joe T.
Miscellaneous Salvage Items Needed¶
|Type||Quantity||Item||Priority||Notes||Filled (Y/N)||Contact||Contact Phone|
|Landscape||20 rolls||Landscape fabric 4′ × 220′||1||$52|
|Item||6||File Cabinets||2||check Craigs list|
|Item||2||Old kitchen cabinets||2||check with BRING|
|Item||2||Lockers||2||check with BRING/craigs list|
|Item||4||55 gal. metal drums||2||check craigs list|
|Item||20||Metal rods (for bike rack)||2||check with BRING/craigs list|
I have one 55 gal. drum to offer. Just need a vehicle that’ll transport it. I posted it on the OE forum this morning as well.