Some potential crabgrass projects that would be good for FSoC¶
see also discrete crabgrass projects
- mobilization tool (aka convergence tool). a way to setup a network of groups with a selection of structures
- networks: they don’t work yet, it would be neato. network creation brainstorm page
- decision making tools: both formal and informal, multiple poll types, majoritarian voting schemes, etc.
- Ability to create spokescouncils with varying democratic structures
- inter-crabgrass networking: work on the protocols and groundwork that would be necessary to make it so that crabgrass installs in different locations can be connected in interesting ways (allow the organization to manage their own data, but be able to have hooks into other CG installs), thus increasing the distributed nature of the platform, instead of it building a giant data silo over here at riseup
- webdav: access the files of a group via webdav. might actually be pretty easy, there is a plugin. this would make it possible to upload or download a whole photo gallery, for example.
- meeting scheduler : please, dear god.
- google doc replacement: a spreadsheet would be really nice.
- collaborative editor: allow multiple people to edit the same document at the same time.
- full text searching: this is a difficult problem, and one of the most important. search in the case of crabgrass is a little more tricky than usual, because of the privacy model. most rails apps assume that the searchable stuff is public.
- add hoc access: add ability to give access/edit to a page by sending people a hard-to-guess url.
- a long list of feature requests: feature requests
- skinnable group pages