- Create groups (the heart of crabgrass)
- Create committees within groups
- Create different page types (tools). Descriptions
- decision making tools: currently only rate many tool
- files: upload files
- personal messaging
- task list
- Page attributes
- tag a page
- star a page
- add page to your inbox
- mark page as pending
- send a page to someone
- make page public
- Chat: simple but highly secure chat room.
- Secure Communications: the first install of crabgrass, hosted at we.riseup.net, is configured to only allow https connections and all data is stored in encrypted format.
- Ability to attach assets to a page
things are changing very quickly. heres a loose list of whats being developed right now
- dashboard Improvements
- simple Calendar Tool
- ability to see assets in one view
- sweeping search improvements
- Privacy: every user and group will have control over what information they choose to reveal about themselves.
- Improved membership process: allow a group to be configured to allow for different types of administration.
The long term goal is to provide the technical tools to facilitate active, confederal, and directly democratic social change networks. This phase will include
- more social tools
- more organizing tools
- more tools for democratic decision making
- network organizing (associations among many groups in a federated structure)
- democratic networking
Yes, some things were removed on purpose. They are not likely to come back. If you feel they should you can comment on that page.
Your translation sounds good. Feel free to write in german, french or spanish if that’s more comfortable for you.
I’m sorry to hear you miss the chat. We’ve seen less and less use of it lately and there’s a bunch of other tools that seem better in terms of either usability ( pad.riseup.net ) or security ( cryptocat ). I hope we can find something that works for you. I’m happy to try and help with that. We found that writing a usable and secure chat application is hard and not something we can just add on top of crabgrass.
Hi, thanks for the new version but I’m a bit lost and confused (sorry for my english) :
- the page “things removed” no longer exists : we.riseup.net/users/features-removed-fr...,
Thanks for the work but we really need to be able to decide if we keep our documentation on crabgrass or not, if it is still usable as a wiki or not :( (or when it could be fixed :)
Thanks for your feedback. I don’t think i understood it all. So I will go through the points and add numbers for reference:
2.) github has a low level list of releases with all the issues we worked on. We haven’t had the time yet to put up a proper introduction page with more high level release announcements yet. The official page is dead for a while because there was no version of crabgrass at that time that we could recommend trying out. I think once we’ve fixed the bugs we are seeing right now we will bring one back.
Is your documentation public? Can you point me to it so i can take a look at the issues you are seeing?
about 3). and maybe 5)… I notice the link in the wiki above to feaaatures (or so) pointed to the old group tags page which does not exist anymore. I made it point to the page search for the tag instead. Maybe that is what you are referring to? The link in the right hand menus should work never the less. We’re likely to bring back a group tag cloud at some point but it’s not high on our prioritees list right now.
Hope that helps clarify things.
How hard would it be to integrate an Etherpad version with crabgrass?
It’s still quite a bit of work never the less though.
Thanks for your reply. Is this we.riseup.net/cgdev/etherpad-lite-integ... the work you were referring to?
Should I add this feature request to the major feature poll?
Thaanks for your wonderful work!!