Free Ride Council » Meetings agendas and Notes » 20150815-agenda

Location: shop
Time: 10:00am
Date: sat 15 aug ’15

Open Meeting

Assemble the group

Assignment of roles

  • Facilitator
  • Note-taker
  • Stack-taker


Would any of you prefer to remain off the record? Would intros be helpful?

  • Council members and dates of effective membership (refer to requirements):
  • Free Ride Bicycle Project Members:
  • Other Attendees:

Note: List partial attendees and time entered/left if possible/known


Anyone new? If so, explain how our general meetings and consensus process function

  • Agenda (wiki beforehand, review at start of meeting), Facilitation, Stack, Note-taking
  • Hand signals – raise hand, thumbs, twinkle, point of process triangle, direct response
  • Everyone in attendance is welcome to voice input.
  • Based on twinkles, thumbs, head nods and conversation, we will sense when we are nearing consensus and form a proposal on which to vote.
  • Collective Council members vote on proposals.


Will council members please raise hands now. If quorum is present, open meeting.

  • Note Time:

Review Agenda

  • Anyone need to add anything?
  • Any of these items resolved, can be removed?
  • Set time limits and proposed meeting end time (can consider removing agenda items if necessary)
  • Is it necessary to get a partial report-back from a committee as part of a meeting-specific agenda item?
  • Is it necessary to set meeting dates and times before diving in?

Meeting-Specific Agenda Items

Topics and Proposals

  • Youth-specific Open Shop

Visiting Training Sessions

Standing Agenda Items

Set Meeting dates/times for three months out

Next meetings are:

  • Next month’s meeting set last time
  • Month after’s meeting set last time
  • Need to set meeting date and time for month after above.

Guests’ proposals

Requests for keys

Is person a council member and/or significant to staffing shop? Is person present? Is person vouched for? Vote. Assign action point to copy and arrange receipt of key.

Committee Reportbacks

(Can skip those not current/relevant)

  • Finance
  • Wimmin, Trans, Queer and Femme
  • Shop
  • Programming
  • Communications
  • BikeBike GDL
    • Jeremy has confirmed time off from work;
      • Shall we sponsor him? Y/N
      • Budget of $1000? Y/N
      • Others interested? Y/N

Reportbacks of respect issues

Review Action Points (add to throughout meeting)

  • Designate someone to briefly summarize our doings in newsletter to volunteers, blog, maybe other newsletter subscribers
  • Designate specific person to obtain/deliver copy of key if needed
  • Add future meeting dates/times/places, 3mo. ahead if possible
  • Get notes posted
  • Consider making a crabgrass task list

Close meeting

  • Note time: