Welcome to the translation committee!
Do you want to help Riseup translated into your language? We would love your
Join the committee¶
To join us, follow these steps:
- Subscribe to the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Send a short introduction to the mailing list and let us know what you would like to do and whether you need any help.
- Hang out on our IRC channel, #riseup-translation on Indymedia. If you never used IRC before, the easiest way to join is to click on this link, choose a nickname and click on Connect’.
Translating the newsletter¶
Each two months, the Riseup birds write a short newsletter and sent it to everyone that has a Riseup account. More people will be able to read it if is translated into multiple languages!
With your help, this is the schedule we will try our best to respect:
- We will send the newsletter to be translated on the Available on date on the translators mailing list.
- We will will wait for translations until the Deadline date.
- The newsletter will be published on the Published on date.
|Month||Available on||Deadline||Published on|
|August 2019||July 19th||July 29th||August 5th|
|October 2019||September 20th||September 30th||October 5th|
|December 2019||November 22nd||November 29nd||December 5th|
The 2020 schedule has not been decided yet, but if everything goes well, we would like to publish one every month instead of every two months!
You can find all the previous newsletters here. Sometimes it’s really helpful to see how certain words have been translated before.
Translating the help pages¶
The Riseup help pages answer a bunch of questions about Riseup’s services and help users configure their devices properly. Chances you’ve read some of them already, as they are available on riseup.net !
We need your help to translate the help pages into your language. The documentation on how to translate them can be found here.
If you have questions about any aspect of the translation process or need help with something, don’t hesitate to ask them on the mailing list or on IRC!